As the temperature outside rises, more dogs are at risk of overheating. Not all pet owners are aware of how dangerous overheating for dogs can be. One of the ways to keep your dog cool is through hydration and providing a way for dogs to cool themselves using the best dog pools that fit your dog's size perfectly.
Table of Contents
- The 12 Best Dog Pool Brands for Summer
- 1Ultra XTR Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump by Intext
- 2Foldable Dog Pool by Jasonwell
- 3Leakproof Fabric Portable Dog Pool by Petsfit
- 4Rectangular Frame Above Ground Baby Splash Pool by Intex
- 5Dog Cool Pool by Ethical Products
- 6H2OGO! Splash in Shade Swimming Pool with UV Canopy by Bestway
- 7Foldable Pet Pool Bathing Tub by FrontPet
- 8Splash About Dog Pool by Cool Pup
- 9Dog Bathtub Collapsible Pet Bath Pool by PYRUS
- 10 Heavy Duty Paw Shaped Dog Pool by One Dog One Bone
- 11 Portable Sun Shelter Tent with Kiddie Pool by VicPow
- 12PVC Pet Swimming Pool, Portable Foldable Pool for Dogs by Fuloon
- Our Top Dog Pool Pick
Veterinarians say that a dog pool is the quickest way to cool down a dog and to keep your pet cool throughout the day in summer, especially when placed in the shadow and away from the direct sunlight.
We've been seeing an increased amount of warnings from vets about preventing overheating and heatstroke in dogs, and how dangerous summer heat temperatures can be. Whether by using a hose with cold water, buying a dog swimming pool, or dumping your pet into a paddling pool, this is crucial.
Because dog pools is the easiest and arguably the best way to cool down a dog, below we'll discuss what makes a good swimming pool for dogs and how to buy one, and review some of the best dog pool brands we've tested and liked the most.
|Intex 18ft X 52in Ultra XTR Pool Set with Sand...||346 Reviews||$779.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool Collapsible...||1,600 Reviews||$27.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Petsfit Portable Outdoor Pool for Small to Medium...||48 Reviews||$69.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Intex 86" x 59" x 23" Rectangular Frame Above...||138 Reviews||$79.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Ethical Pet Products (Spot) DSO1003 Dog Cool Pool,...||72 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
A Note on Using Dog Pools
The first rule is to never leave your dog alone with a pool (even a wading pool and even at home).
Even if your pup is a great swimmer and as well-trained as they come, accidents happen, and have been reported before. It’s important that you are available immediately should something happen to your pet.
What kind of accidents could happen with dogs in pools?
- Slippery surfaces can cause falling and injury
- Reckless play can cause falling in the pool
- Dogs with seizures, syncope, or other health problems can experience medical events that put them at a higher risk of drowning.
There are more dangers for dogs being around regular pools, but even wading pools pose a certain degree of risk. Practice caution.
What Makes a Good Dog Pool?
One of the biggest concerns when buying a dog pool is its quality. We looked at swimming dog pools that seemed as though they would last for at least one season of regular backyard swimming for the average dog (although most would last much longer!)
Investing in a high-quality pet pool may be worth it for you if you have the budget, but if you have limited funds, it’s important to balance your price with the quality of the pool, and we've considered that with several below mentioned options.
Durability of Materials
We also considered how durable the pool materials were, that is, how does the pool look after a few weeks to a few months of use, and how resilient the materials are to your dog's paws and scratches? Does the pool have a protective coating that prevents fading, or will it fade or weaken in the sun?
Ease of Use
It sounds funny to talk about “ease of use” when talking about a swimming pool, but what we mean is – do you have to pull out an air compressor to get the doggy pool blown up for use or does the pool simply pop open like a folding tent? For us, ease of use wasn’t a major deciding factor on pools, but it did play a minimal role.
Is the pool intended for use by dogs or is it designed for human use only? This isn’t a factor that would prevent us from recommending a pool, but it was taken into consideration. For example, we wouldn’t recommend paying $100 for a luxury inflatable pool designed for human use only. While it may be a good purchase for your human family, the chances are that it’d be shredded in seconds by nails if you allowed your dog to get into it.
Price is a big factor in purchasing a dog pool, particularly if you’re working on a budget, and some of them can be very expensive. After all, who wants to pay three figures for a pool that is going to pop when their dog tries to climb into it? It’s all about a balancing act and finding what is right for you and your budget. In the below listed best dog pool picks, we've considered several options including more expensive and cheaper ones that we thought are perfect value-for-price.
Alternatives to a Swimming Pool for Dogs
By now you know that a dog swimming pool is the quickest and most effective way to allow a canine to cool down in hot weather daily. In particular, if a pet pool is placed in a shade, it can be a heaven for your pooch when summer temperatures get really high.
Some dog owners also place a canopy dog shade over the pool or over their beds to prevent direct sun rays hitting the dog. There are some cheap shades out there like this one for example.
If buying your dog a pool is not an option, then there are some other ways to cool down a dog when it's hot. Some alternatives are good while others may be dangerous.
For example, you should not cool down your dog with ice packs because it will lower your dog's body temperature too quickly, according to vets. If you cannot get one of these best dog swimming pools, then you have a few other options, too:
- Dog Cooling Pads – these are particularly good for owners who do not have a backyard and have their dogs stay indoors. They're also good in addition to a doggy pool for the times when your dog prefers to stay inside. These are simply cooling dog beds that chill your pet when he's lying on it.
- Ice Water – there's a myth that dogs should not drink ice water due to potential issues of canine bloat or spams. This is completely incorrect, according to vets and science. You can give your dog ice water as long as your dog drinks it in small amounts and not gulps down a whole bowl of icy water.
- Dog Paddling Pool – a cheaper and smaller version of these best dog pools, a paddling pool for dogs is a good way to give your pet access to chill water to sit in when it's hot. These dog paddling pools are very convenient because they can be built and broken down quickly, but they're not as sturdy.
- A Hose – if you have a water hose in your backyard, you can always hose down your dog with water as a fast way to cool him down. However, not all dogs are friendly towards hoses and may be scared of this equipment. Nevertheless, it's worth trying to see if your dog enjoys it or runs away from it.
In the below list of top rated dog pools, we've tried and reviewed top options that are currently available. Here's a quick overview of each dog swimming pool if you're not interested in further details.
The 12 Best Dog Pool Brands for Summer
1Ultra XTR Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump
Intex Ultra XTR Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover is for those of you who are committed to going “all out” with your dog pools. Okay, there is probably a good part of you that intends on using this pool yourself too. But this is a really great option for dog-owning families that swim regularly and it’s surprisingly affordable too.
- Uniquely designed frame...
- Rust resistance: encapsulating...
- 2-year manufacturer's Warranty
- Includes 110-120V sand filter...
- Ready for water in 60 minutes....
The Intex Ultra XTR Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover has a powder-coated galvanized steel frame with a locking system to keep it in place and a durable liner with added protection on the floor of the pool to make it puncture-resistant. Unlike other pools on our list, this pool is the “real deal” in that it comes with a filter, cover, and ladder so that keeping the water clean is much easier and the water (all 6,981 gallons of it) is going to be much more sanitary for your whole family.
There are plenty of features that we love about this pool because…well, it’s a full-sized pool! It sets up within an hour and has all of the features you would expect from an above ground pool. While this is a pricey pool option, it comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty and is going to last a good long while so long as you spend the time to keep it maintained.
What don’t we like about this pool? The price is obviously a factor since it’s much more costly than the other pools on our list! You will also have to look into adding a ramp for your dog to easily get into and out of the water or have the pool set into a deck. Lastly, this is a pool that will require regular maintenance as we mentioned above, so if you have trouble staying on top of regular housework or chores, you might be better suited to a smaller pool option. We recommend this pool for any dog family that wants to make a larger investment in a filtered pool for the whole family!
- Great for the whole family.
- It includes a filter and pool cover for cleaner water.
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Easy to set up.
- Rust-proof steel foundation.
- This is a large pool which requires a lot of space in your back yard.
- Having a full-sized pool will attract the entire neighborhood to your yard.
- Regular maintenance is a must.
2Foldable Dog Pool
The Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pool is actually the same pool that we use on a regular basis although we use ours as a ball pit rather than a pool! Despite the fact that we use our pool for something other than water, we have still found it to be a very durable option that stands up to big dogs and small. You can also snag this pool in five sizes S-32″ x 8″, M-39.5″ x 12″, L-48″ x 12″, XL-55.1″ x 12″, and XXL-63″x 12″ (we got the biggest size and love it!)
- PORTABLE: foldable, easy to...
- SIMPLE:No need of...
- SLIP RESISTANT & DURABLE: made...
- Size: Available in 5...
- Enviromentally friendly...
Made from environmentally friendly materials, there is no inflation needed with this pool option so there is no risk of popping and so long as you keep your dog’s nails trimmed, you won’t have to deal with rips either! All you have to do is unfold the pool, fill it with water (or non-toxic children’s ball pit balls), and when your pup has finished playing, drain out the water with the bottom side drain.
We like quite a lot about this dog pool which is probably why we purchased our own and use it frequently. The first thing that really sold us on it was the fact that it’s non-inflatable because inflatable anything and dog nails just don’t go together well. We also like that Jasonwell put the extra effort into making the bottom of the pool extra-thick with a non-slip texture. Not all companies put this effort into their dog pools, but it really does make a HUGE difference especially if you have an older dog or a dog who is unsteady on their feet. Lastly, we love that everything about this pool is so easy! It takes seconds to unfold and pack away after use and it’s so much easier to store than inflatable pools that always manage to stay inflated enough to make storage difficult.
If there is something we had to point out that we didn’t like about this pool it would be based on the experiences of a handful of other pet parents who had to return their pool. For the most part, these pet parents returned their pools due to a leak or structural problem causing the outer walls of the pool to lean outwards. These problems seemed few and far between, however, customer service required that all returns have a $15 return postage fee attached to them which we feel is unfair when the problem arose from product defect. We are also cautious about recommending this pool for “leaners” since the side walls can be pushed outward if enough force is applied.
We recommend this pool primarily for ball pit use, however, other pet parents use theirs for water regularly and love this pool as much as we do.
- Large range of sizes available.
- Easy to set up and take down.
- Easily stored.
- Reinforced bottom with a non-slip texture.
- Made with environmentally friendly material.
- Features a large water drain at the base of the side wall for easy draining.
- If your product is defective, expect to pay a $15 return shipping charge.
- Some pet parents have experienced the side walls leaning outwards when the pool is filled with water. (On the few occasions we have used this as a water pool, we did not have this experience.)
- Not ideal for dogs that lean.
3Leakproof Fabric Portable Dog Pool
Similar to the Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pool, the Petsfit Leakproof Fabric Portable Dog Pool has a unique structure and is easily portable. This pool differs, however, in that it is made with fabric (heavy oxford and waterproof nylon cloth) and has thinner walls which are supported by a heavy-coated wire frame. Although it looks somewhat flimsy (we weren’t entirely sure it could hold up to being filled with water) it is surprisingly durable and immune to puncture.
- SIMPLE TO USE: Petsfit dog...
- EASY TO DRAIN: Only press down...
- DURABLE: Made of heavy oxford...
- PORTABLE: Can be folded up in...
- ENOUGH LARGE TO PLAY:...
The Petsfit Leakproof Fabric Portable Dog Pool folds into the size of one of the pool’s panels and with the fabric texture, it reminds us of a flat pack tent and it’s just as easy to “put up”. You can also find this pool in multiple sizes – we tried the large which was quite roomy for small to medium-sized pups at 41” diameter by 12” deep but you may find it seems to “shrink” if you plonk a large Malamute in the center of it!
As with the Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pool, we like that the Petsfit pool doesn’t have inflatable sides and that this pool can fold into such a compact and portable panel. We also decided – after seeing this pool and the others on our list – that 12” deep is a good depth for the sides of the pool because it keeps smaller dogs contained and allows enough water to keep a big dog’s belly cool too.
There were a few things that we weren’t happy with when it came to this pool, though. The first thing we found aggravating was that the pool had no drain built into the side. The manufacturer instructs you to “press the side of the pool down” to drain out the water, but a drain and plug would have been a much more practical. We were also a little surprised by the price point of this pool option particularly in comparison to the Jasonwell pool – the big price jump seems to be from the use of fabric which is increasingly resistant to puncture and the 9” difference in the diameter of the pool.
We aren’t in love with this dog pool, but it is a solid option if you are looking for a durable pool for your smaller to a medium sized non-leaner dog (we’re not sold on the stability of the sides holding up to a larger pup who leans!)
- Easy to fold, transport, and store.
- Less susceptible to puncture.
- No having to inflate the pool!
- Can also be used as a ball pit (but we don’t trust it with sand!)
- The largest size of this pool is quite small in comparison to other pools.
- No drainage plug!
4Rectangular Frame Above Ground Baby Splash Pool
The Intex Rectangular Frame Above Ground Baby Splash Pool is as close as you will get to an above ground pool for the price of a large wading pool. When we say that this pool is big, we mean, this pool is HUGE, which is great for our big dog parents out there. You will have to figure out a way to help your pups in and out of the water – we suggest a ramp or something similar to avoid your big dogs straining the side of the pool as they get in. Overall, though, this is a fabulous option if you have the yard space!
- Escape the summer heat and...
- Easy to assemble, ready for...
- Supported by strong, durable...
- SUPER TOUGH laminated...
- Convenient drain plug connects...
The Intex Rectangular Frame Above Ground Baby Splash Pool has a strong powder-coated steel frame and the sidewalls are laminated and stand up well to use. We were slightly concerned about this pool being punctured by dog feet but were pleasantly surprised by how strong the lining actually is. Plus, although it looks quite complicated to set up, you’ll find that it only takes about 30 minutes to get it ready for the water.
We love a LOT about this pool beginning with the size. As a “big dog” family, it can be hard to find a doggy pool that is large enough for big pups yet not inflatable, but this one fits the bill. Additionally, the price of this pool in combination with the structure makes it a real steal when you compare it to other pool options. Lastly, another big selling point for us with this pool option is the large drain plug that you can actually attach to your hosepipe to make sure that the pool drains completely without any hassle.
There isn’t too much that we didn’t like about this dog pool (it’s actually a human pool, but it’s been proven durable for dog use by multiple pet parents!). One thing we do have to mention, however, is that unless you have a nice big fenced yard, this isn’t a pool that we’d advise sticking in the front yard because your homeowners' association will likely complain. It’s a huge pool and while it does its job, it can be something of an eyesore if it’s sitting in a front yard for the world to see. We also wish that this pool had a more dog-friendly entry point, but since it was built for human use, we can’t exactly complain.
We love this pool for the whole family – two or four legs – but it’s perfect for those of you with giant breeds who have trouble finding a suitable sized but affordable pool.
- The size.
- Affordability for the size.
- Easy draining feature.
- Rust-proof powder-coated frame.
- Easy to assemble.
- The size can be a deterrent if you have limited space.
- This is not a portable pool that you would put up and pull down as easily as other pools we have looked at.
- No dog-friendly entry point.
- Not suitable for front yard use if you have a picky homeowners association.
5Dog Cool Pool
by Ethical Products
What a great alternative to the previous two options of best dog pools, and at a cheaper price, too! This dog swimming pool is by far the winner over the previous two dog pools, mostly due to cost to value ratio, but also because this item seems to be a much more durable and less defective option. The dog pool measures at 31 inches in diameter and 8 inches in depth. It is going to be perfect for most smaller dogs.
- Cool pool is perfect for fun...
- Made of 100-percent PVC...
- Easy set-up with no inflation...
- Contains a plug for easy...
- Measures 31-inch diameter by...
Ethical Pet Products dog swimming pool is made 100% out of PVC materials to prevent your dogs from ripping through it. When you're ready to prepare it, the process will take you just a few minutes, as there's no need for inflation or any special setup. A convenient plug will help with quickly draining the water out of the dog pool as well. For the most part, majority of customers are very happy with their purchase, and you can't beat that price.
- No need to inflate, very easy to set up
- 100% PVC material
- Affordable, good value for the price
- Not good for larger dogs that can do damage, will not survive
- Some products are a hit-and-miss with seams coming apart after several months' use
6H2OGO! Splash in Shade Swimming Pool with UV Canopy
The Bestway Splash in Shade Kids Spray Play Swimming Pool with UV Canopy is a new product on the kiddie pool market, but it’s also a great option for dog parents too. Not only is this pool a large and durable pool option, but it is also designed with a removable UV canopy to keep your dog out of the direct sun while they’re cooling off in the pool. We found this feature particularly handy for our black dogs who always soak up more sun than the others!
- It features its own...
- The Bestway swimming pool has...
- The pool has strong,...
- It also has heavy-duty PVC and...
- The metal swimming pool will...
The Bestway Splash in Shade Kids Spray Play Swimming Pool with UV Canopy is made with a rust-resistant steel frame and the side walls are constructed from PVC and polyester. Despite looking quite thin, the walls are three-ply and do stand up to use by larger dogs. The UV protection canopy is rated UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) 40+ and it has a water mister built into it that can easily be attached to your hosepipe so that your pup is truly cooling off all over!
We love the size of this pool in addition to the fact that it’s got sun protection built in. Compared to other pools on our list, this one also had the extra fun factor of the shade mister which makes it fun for the whole family. This is also a very affordable pool option with quite a few “perks”, although if you have a more active dog, it may not be the best choice since the canopy can get in the way of energetic play. Lastly, this pool also has a drainage pipe which makes emptying it quick and easy.
What we weren’t too happy with when it comes to this pool is that although the canopy can be removed from the pool, the poles that hold the canopy in place do have to stay in position which can be a little dangerous if your dog (or you) are clumsy or uncoordinated.
- UV protection.
- Rust-resistance frame.
- Water mister built into the canopy.
- Great for whole family fun.
- The poles of the canopy cannot be removed.
- The bright color isn’t for everyone.
- A pool cover cannot be used due to the canopy poles.
7Foldable Pet Pool Bathing Tub
If the above and below swimming dog pool isn't available, or the size doesn't fit your dog, I recommend taking a look at this one. In recent months, the company Frontpet has put out their new product – value-priced dog paddling pool that's easy to put up and use in your backyard. This dog pool has resonated well with many dog owners, and has received tons of positive reviews from those who allowed their pets to swim in it.
- LARGE: Diameter of 50 inches...
- DURABLE: Constructed from...
- SIMPLE USE: Simply fill with...
- FUN: Give your dog something...
- PORTABLE: Pool drains and fold...
Frontpet's dog swimming pool is a great alternative for owners who cannot find anything better on this list. It's not plastic like the Bone Pool from One Dog One Bone company, so there are still dangers of ripping it. However, the advantages is that it's much cheaper, easy to use, fairly sturdy and resistant to dogs' nails and can always be put up or folded back together in a minute.
- Partial heavy duty PVC material to sustain dogs' paws and other damage
- Very simple use, set up and draining
- Portable and quick to drain, fold and move to a different spot or put away
- Heavy cardboard inserts instead of 100% PVC
- The bottom is too thin for larger dogs, could get punctured quickly
8Splash About Dog Pool
by Cool Pup
Let's me start by saying that it's close to what you consider to be a dog paddling pool but somewhat different. Splash About Dog Pool is what you buy from all of the options on this pet pools list the above option from Pyrus doesn't fit for whatever reason. However, both of these pools are extremely close in structure, design and even sizes.
- A Great Place to Play – Give...
- Convenient Design – Made to...
- Collapsible – Won’t take...
- Made to Last – Built to last...
- Comes in Three Sizes – Comes...
Every dog owner knows that for canines who love swimming, no dog pool will ever be too big. The size of this one is 63″ in diameter and 11.8″ in height. That's a decent size, but you can try other two.
This Splash About dog swimming pool has a portable, easily foldable design so that dog owners can take it anywhere. Dog wading pool is made out of the stronger PVC material to sustain more damage from larger dog breeds and last longer. However, note that a few dog owners who recenlyt purchased this item complained about the quality of these pools, mostly referring to defectiveness and leakages. This doesn't mean that it'll happen to you, but it's better be safe than sorry.
- Heavy duty partial PVC material construction
- Very compact and small when folded, doesn't take up much space
- There are three different sizes to fit any dog breed
- Flimsy cardboard inserts
- Not consistent product quality, some occasionally have leak spots
9Dog Bathtub Collapsible Pet Bath Pool
A decent and affordable dog swimming pool, Pyrus' Dog Bathtub pool has probably the most straightforward and simplistic design. It's somewhat small and won't be the sturdiest option you can find, but the advantages are that it's portable and foldable, which makes it easy to setup quickly.
If you're thinking about taking this doggy pool anywhere with you: when going to your neighbor's, to the beach, relaxing by the lake and so forth, this won't be your worsts choice. It's very easy to use – just unpack, unfold, fill up with water and your pooch can immediately go enjoy his own dog pool.
Price could've been cheaper, consider that there's nothing special about this dog pool and there are other alternatives to this pet pool, but it's not too high either. Dog swimming pool itself has a sturdy construction when compared to other dog pools of similar plastic design, and it also has a drain. Make sure you read the dimensions before ordering. Your canine will need a little wiggle room when trying to refresh himself, but this pool does seem to allow plenty of space for medium sized dogs.
- Larger than most wading pools of similar construction and price
- Very quick and easy to put together, fill, then drain and store
- Affordable, good price for the value
- Cardboard inserts
- Not chew proof, not good for larger dogs that are strong chewers
10 Heavy Duty Paw Shaped Dog Pool
by One Dog One Bone
The One Dog One Bone Paw Shaped Dog Pool is the dog pool that you are most likely to see on an episode of Animal Planet’s Animal Cribs with Antonio Ballatore (if you haven’t seen it yet, we highly recommend it!) It’s no fluke that this is the pool style that Ballatore and his team rely on – it’s durable, UV resistant, chew resistant, heavy-duty, and able to hold 20 gallons of water making it the perfect pool for your smaller pups.
- Sand Paw Shaped Dog Pool
- Made with Heavy Duty Truck Bed...
- Holds 20 Gallons of Water
- Flexes Like a Paw for Easy...
- UV and Chew Resistant
Made from the same material as a truck bed liner, the One Dog One Bone Paw Shaped Dog Pool measures around three feet by three feet and is half a foot tall. We don’t recommend this one for you big dog parents because your pup is going to be pretty limited in their movement and the water isn’t going to be that deep, but it is ideal for smaller to medium sized dogs – especially those “diggers”! This is also a great pool option for use as a sandpit and ball pit if you’re looking to add some additional stimulation to your dog’s routine.
We really love the fact that this pool is so durable and that it’s been constructed with UV exposure and dogs that chew in mind so that it maintains its appearance over time. We’d also be remiss if we didn’t mention the adorable paw shape that adds a little more whimsy and thematic fun to any doggy backyard paradise. Another thing that really caught our attention about this pool is that it can be set in the ground or in a custom-built deck to create the appearance of an in-ground pool. Lastly, this pool is also available in a few colors (we’ve seen tan, blue, white, and pink) which gives you a little more flexibility with design if you are trying to create a backyard playground for your dog.
What we’re not so fond of with this pool, though, is that the bottom – although textured – can be pretty slippery, so avoid it if your pup is unsteady on their feet. We also didn’t like that this pool is only suited for smaller pups – it’d be ideal for dogs of any size! In all fairness, however, there is mention of larger sizes being available even though we couldn’t find them!
We recommend this dog pool for smaller to medium sized breeds of dog and pet parents looking for a thematic pool for their backyard pet paradise.
- UV protected construction.
- Chew resistant.
- Multi-functional – can also be used for sand or as a ball pit.
- Cannot be punctured like other pool options.
- Size limitations.
- To drain you must flip the pool since there is no drain built in.
- Difficult to store if you’re not looking for a permanent pool.
11 Portable Sun Shelter Tent with Kiddie Pool
The Portable Infant Sun Shelter Play Beach Tent with Kiddie Pool is less of a pool and more like a footbath, but it is a fun solution for small dogs and days at the beach. Designed with a small dip in the center of a pop-up tent that can fit into a hole in the sand or in your backyard. The tent measures 47.5″ wide, 31.5″ deep, and 27.5″ high and the center (23″ by 28″) holds between 2 to 3 gallons of water – so when we say small dogs, we mean SMALL dogs.
- Mesh Design:Well-ventilated...
- UV Protection:Colorfully...
- The Best Beach Tent Set:Pop up...
- Multiple Uses:This baby beach...
- SIZE & Material:Tent size is...
The Portable Infant Sun Shelter Play Beach Tent with Kiddie Pool is made with UV protection / UPF 50+ polyester fabric so that your small pup is protected from the sun while they bask in their mini pool. The back of the tent is made with a mesh material that allows for airflow so that your dog isn’t overheating. Plus, for those of you who plan on taking this one to the beach, you get a free carrying case so you can fold and go.
We were surprised by how much we loved this pool option even though it is relatively tiny compared to our big dogs. It’s a fun solution to trips to the beach on warm (not hot!) days where we used to dig holes in the sand to create cool spaces for our dogs to lie after a long play session. We love how portable this tent option is and that it’s not as bulky or as much of an eyesore as some of the larger pool options, but of course, that comes with a BIG tradeoff since it only holds between 2 and 3 gallons of water!
The one thing we would change about this affordable pool option is that we would make it available in larger sizes so that it could accommodate larger dogs too. That said, again, this is a product designed for human infants, so we can’t complain too much. We recommend this pool for the tiny dog family who loves to travel because it’s so portable but so small!
- UV protection.
- Fast to set-up since it’s essentially a popup tent.
- Easily portable.
- Features a mesh vent option to allow airflow.
- Includes four stakes to hold the tent in place.
- Small size.
- Difficult to fold back into its original shape for the carry bag!
- Requires a hole for the center of the tent to sit in so that it can be filled with water.
12PVC Pet Swimming Pool, Portable Foldable Pool for Dogs
The company has been manufacturing and selling dog swimming pools for years now. Not all dog owners choose to pick a dog-specific pool and some prefer hard plastic kiddie pools, which may work in certain cases but aren't really designed for pets (break to quickly, don't fit the dog, isn't fun for the dog, etc.). If you're in the market to buy a dog pool specifically designed for canines, chances are that this cheap dog pool is where you'll make your final stop.
- PORTABLE: foldable, easy to...
- DURABLE AND STABLE:...
- COOLING FUN: Give your furry...
- ALL-PURPOSE DESIGN:This...
- FOLDABLE ADVANTAGEA built-in...
For pet owners on a budget, we highly recommend this pet pool. Before you buy, make sure you measure your dog and know exactly whether he's going to fit into this dog wading pool or not. This is very important not to guess the measurements and actually measure your dog. On top of that, make sure you read other dog pool reviews to ensure that you know exactly what you're buying.
- Original, dog-themed, aesthetic look
- Chew resistant and UV protection
- Heavy duty materials (truck bed liner)
- Very easy to drain
- Periodically unavailable, takes too long to ship
- Occasionally, the product received may have a leak
Our Top Dog Pool Pick
While we obviously love the very large, high quality and stylish Intex Ultra XTR Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover, we know that it’s not a practical solution for most families out there, and at $600+ it's also a very expensive option. This is why we picked the Paw Shaped Dog Pool made by the famous “One Dog One Bone” company as our top pick.
This great look, heavy duty and durable, and very popular pool is an affordable option for almost any budget, and it isn’t too imposing. A nice size with a lot of room for big dog families, it's very sturdy and doesn't have any cardboard inserts that make it unreliable (unlike many other later listed options). And of course, its design and paw shape simply makes it a good look item standing in your backyard.
If the Paw Shape Dog Pool isn't the choice for you and you have the budget and the space for the Intex Ultra XTR Pool set, then we highly recommend that option. The only thing we didn’t like too much about the Intex dog pool was the lack of a dog-friendly entry point, but that can be worked around with a dog ramp or dog-friendly steps.
READ NEXT: Top 5 Best Pool Fences for Dogs