Table of Contents
- What makes a good hemp dog collar?
- Why might your pet need a hemp dog collar?
- How to pick the best hemp dog collar for your pup?
- Top 5 Best Hemp Dog Collars
Finding a perfect and reliable dog collar for a pooch is sometimes challenging for many pet owners. The collar needs to be comfortable but firm, soft but long-lasting, secure, but easy to lock and unlock. Add to that all the cosmetic factors that go into a dog collar and the price, and shopping sessions can become frustrating. Hemp dog collars can easily satisfy many of these conditions simply thanks to hemp being the great natural material that it is.
What makes a good hemp dog collar?
Several factors characterize good hemp dog collars:
- They are sturdy and strong, which allows them to hold even strong pullers.
- Hemp is a natural product, so such collars are very eco-friendly.
- They are long-lasting and save you the trouble of constantly buying new collars.
- Hemp dog collars are typically standard neck collars in their design.
- They include the basic components you can expect from a dog collar – a quick release buckle, metal D rings for the leash and the name tag or ID badge, adjustable size mechanism, cotton or fleece lining to make them softer to the touch on the inside of the collar.
Despite hemp dog collars being sturdy enough to hold strong pulling dogs, dog harnesses or specialized anti-pulling collars are typically recommended in such situations over even the best hemp dog collars.
Good dog harnesses can also be made out of hemp, but as far as hemp collars are concerned, their main purpose is to be standard, comfortable, long-lasting, and eco-friendly collars.
Below, we'll discuss more about what you should know about hemp collars for dogs, and review and rank these five of the best hemp dog collars available:
|Pettsie Matching Dog Collar Bow Tie & Owner...||421 Reviews||Check Price|
|Fuzzy Friends Blue Hemp Dog Collar. Chemical Free,...||268 Reviews||Check Price|
|Pawsitive Hemp Dog Collar - We Donate a Collar for...||23 Reviews||Check Price|
|Salt Dog Natural Hemp Collar (Small, Green)||158 Reviews||Check Price|
|West Paw Strolls Dog Collar with Hemp, Large,...||1 Reviews||Check Price|
Why might your pet need a hemp dog collar?
Believe it or not, dog collars can harm your dog in a myriad of different ways, from strangling the dog to causing skin irritations, from leading to respiratory distress to hurting the dog’s neck and throat.
Even the best hemp dog collars are not immune to many of these problems – if not carefully adjusted as the dog grows and if not controlled and managed properly, hemp dog collars can harm your canine friend as well.
However, they are typically of a high enough quality to bypass some of the problems that many other collars face.
For one, hemp canvas is such a strong material that a hemp dog collar is bound to outlast most similar products.
As long as you make sure to adjust for your dog's growth, a hemp dog collar can be with you both for many years.
Secondly, the best hemp dog collars will be hypoallergenic, odor-resistant, and anti-microbial.
This makes them a much healthier and more comfortable option than many other dog collars, which can cause rashes and other skin irritations because of the unpleasant materials they are made out of.
Additionally, hemp dog collars are usually straightforward to manage, clean, and maintain since they can be machine washed with usually no issue at all.
How to pick the best hemp dog collar for your pup?
Choosing the most suitable hemp dog collars for your pooch depends on a lot of factors and considerations. Here are the main ones to keep in mind:
- The collar should include a metal ring for the leash and another one for an ID badge or a name tag.
- Make sure that the collar is made with high-quality hemp canvas and other additional materials. The hemp canvas should be naturally derived, with either no inclusions or only beneficial ones.
- It should usually be accompanied by cotton or fleece lining to make the inside of the collar even softer.
- The D rings for the leash and the ID badge should be high-quality stainless steel or brushed brass. The quick-release buckle should be made out of plastic, but it too should be hard and sturdy enough to last for years.
- The size of the collar should not only match your dog’s neck’s current size but leave room for growth. Whether from age or weight gain, dogs can increase their neck sizes quite quickly, so the collar should allow for that, and you should frequently check whether you need to make any adjustments.
- The color suits your dog and your preferences. This might be a superfluous criterion, but if your dog carries a certain collar for years, it should also appeal to the eyes.
- The collar should be well-priced. Hemp dog collars are not that expensive, so you don’t need to look for overly priced collars. A good hemp dog collar usually costs between $12 and $25.
What collar is best for your dog depends a lot on the dog itself.
However, in terms of straightforward quality, we've ranked and reviewed five of the best hemp dog collars currently available to purchase. Here they are below.
Top 5 Best Hemp Dog Collars
Matching Dog Collar Bow Tie & Owner Friendship Bracelet
The first item on our list of best hemp dog collars is not only effective but also stylish. This hemp dog collar from Pettsie also includes a cute bowtie and a matching bracelet for the dog owner.
The soft and unorthodox colors are also different from most other dog colors while still suitable for most dog breeds.
All this is bound to make you and your pooch stand out and attract attention at the dog park. It also makes this a great gift to a dog owner friend.
The collar also includes a vintage-looking D ring for you to easily and securely attach a leash or a name tag.
- Watch Jaws Drop at the Dog...
- Strengthen That Special Bond:...
- Pet-Friendly Materials: This...
- Fits X-Small, Small & Medium...
- A Gift They’ll Never Forget:...
As for the collar itself, it’s made out of 100% natural products – a durable combination of organic hemp and strong canvas.
The human bracelet is made out of soft cotton. This matching set comes in 3 adjustable sizes – X-Small, Small, and Medium.
You can adjust the X-Small size between 7.5 and 10-inch with 3/8-inch width. The Small size can be changed from 10.5 to 14.5-inch with 5/8-inch width.
And the Medium size is adjustable between 14 and 20-inch with 4/5-inch width.
- Pettsie’s canvas and hemp dog collar are made out of 100% organic ingredients that are very strong and durable.
- Comes in 3 sizes, all easily adjustable.
- Includes a stylish bowtie and a matching human bracelet.
- There is no suitable size for larger or giant dog breeds.
Fuzzy Friends – Hemp Dog Collar
Natural, Nonirritating: Perfect for allergic or sensitive dogs. Hand-made using natural hemp fibers and cotton fleece makes our collars both sustainable and renewable, minimizing our carbon footprint on planet Earth.
Great collar and leash for dogs
- Natural, Nonirritating Dog...
- Soft, Sturdy but Light Natural...
- HEMP LEASHES AND HARNESSES...
- Organically grown, renewable:...
- Local Company - Fuzzy Friends...
Soft, Sturdy, but Light Natural Boho Collar: A pure hemp fiber outer layer that is strong, durable, and naturally resistant.
The cotton inner liner is a soft webbing that is not just comfortable for your dog but also breathable and absorbent accessories
- Absorbent but Smell Resistant: Because it is plant-based
- The cotton inner liner is a soft webbing that is not just comfortable for your dog but also breathable and absorbent accessories
- Organically grown, renewable
- Some complain that the leash is far too small
Pawsitive Pet Hemp Dog Collar
Pawsitive Pet’s hemp dog collars are made out of 100% natural hemp and don’t include any additives other than the soft cotton on the inside of the collar, which is used for extra softness and comfort.
The hemp canvas itself is more than strong and durable enough on its own to hold even the strongest pullers for a long time.
- ★ THIS COLLAR HELPS A DOG...
- ★ 100% DURABLE HEMP:...
- ★ HYPOALLERGENIC FOR...
- 💯 LIFETIME WARRANTY:...
- ★ * SIZING: Small: 5/8"...
That longevity and durability make them one of the best hemp dog collars out there and allows Pawsitive to sell their collars with lifetime warranties and the refund guarantee should anything in the collars end up being faulty.
What’s more Pawsitive also donate one dollar to a dog rescue for every collar sold.
The Pawsitive Pet collars come in three different sizes. Small – 5/8” width and 9” – 13” length. Medium – 3/4 width and 12” – 19” length. Large – 1” width and 18” – 28” length.
They can also come in multiple colors, such as green, blue, red, pink, and purple.
- The collar is made out of high-quality, all-natural hemp for extra durability and sturdiness.
- There is soft cotton on the inside of the hemp canvas to give your dog more comfortable.
- Pawsitive Pet offers a lifetime warranty and donates a collar to a dog rescue for every collar sold.
- While the hemp is strong and durable, the cotton can wear off in time.
Salt Dog Natural Hemp Dog Collar
Salty Dog is another dog collar brand that helps charities with each purchase. In their case, they are donating 5% of every purchase’s value to a veterans’ charity.
As for the collars themselves, they are made out of strong, natural hemp that’s sustainably sourced and very durable.
The hemp is laced with a fleece lining to give your dog extra softness and comfort. The collar also includes stainless steel or brushed brass leash ring and a hard plastic quick release buckle.
- NATURAL: Made from sustainably...
- DURABLE: Made from the...
- COMFORT & CONTROL: This collar...
- CUSTOMIZATION: Multiple Sizes...
- CHARITY: 5% of all profits go...
The natural hemp is also suitable for machine washing (on cold) as well as hang drying. The non-toxic coloring of the hemp is made to last and not wear off in time.
The coloring can also vary quite a lot, and you’ll have plenty of choices to find the most fitting one for your dog.
The collars can come in three variants – small, medium, and large in terms of sizes. Small – 1/2” width and 8” – 14” length. Medium – 3/4 width and 13” – 20” length. Large – 1” width and 19” – 28” length
- The collar is made out of high-quality and natural hemp with fleece lining for comfort.
- The stainless steel or brushed brass D rings and hard plastic quick release buckle are very durable.
- As a veteran-owned company, Salt Dog donates 5% of its profits to veteran charities.
- Aside from the leash D ring, there is no ring for an ID badge
West Paw Strolls Dog Collar with Hemp
Made in Bozeman, MT, USA, the West Paw hemp dog collar is a great mixture of durability, practical design, and lightweight.
The natural hemp is powerful and effective even for powerful pullers, while the quick-connect metal loop allows you to control the dog easily.
There is also a good I.D. tag loop and a durable quick-release buckle.
The hemp is odor-resistant, as well as anti-microbial and hypo-allergenic. Despite being so strong and durable, it’s soft to the touch and isn’t going to harm even the strongest pulling dogs.
This Strolls dog collar can be purchased in two different sizes and multiple colors so that it matches your dog as well as possible.
The collars can be adjusted in width a bit but not too much, so make sure that they will be a good fit for your dog before buying.
- Lightweight but strong and durable design.
- Quick-release buckle.
- Hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial, and soft to the touch.
- Comes in two sizes but can’t be adjusted very much.
As you can see, hemp dog collars have a lot to offer, despite their usually simplistic designs.
Hemp is very durable and long-lasting, and it’s also pleasant to the touch and a natural product.
Such collars are often suitable even for hairless dogs or for ones with skin irritations because they are typically made even softer on the inside with cotton or fleece linings.
Five of our reviewed and ranked best hemp dog collars are the good and affordable starting options we'd recommend for any pet owner.
READ NEXT: Top 6 Best Calming Collars for Dogs