Table of Contents
- 5 Best CBD Dog Treats
- How Did We Create the List for CBD Dog Treats?
- Benefits of Giving CBD Dog Treats to Your Dog
- How Often Can You Give CBD Dog Treats to Your Dog
- Final Thoughts on Giving CBD Dog Treats
CBD dog treats interact with the nerve receptors of vertebrae animals, e.g., humans and dogs. CBD dog treats may offer the same health-boosting benefits to dogs and humans.
Indeed, there's an increase in the number of people who switch to cannabidiol (CBD) to improve their dogs' lives!
Similarly, manufacturers are developing many tasty treats that can infuse your dog with tons of health benefits.
So, it's no surprise that there's a growing development of CBD dog treats for pet health in the market.
The formula for CBD dog treats is for your dog's size and weight. If you own a Pug or a French Bulldog, you'll be needing a lower strength of CBD dog treats than the larger ones, Great Dane or English Mastiff.
CBD dog treats contain natural and supportive ingredients in a unique mix to go in with the specific issues your dog may be dealing with.
5 Best CBD Dog Treats
1. CBDfx CBD Pet Treats
Dogs love the natural sweet potato flavor of CBD dog treats. Owners love the organic, human-grade CBD, with the complementary ingredients needed for turning a good CBD dog treat into one of the most excellent CBD pet products.
These CBD dog treats come in two formulations, each with 450 mg of broad-spectrum CBD:
- CBD Pet Treats for Stress & Anxiety – These CBD Dog Treats have adaptogenic mushrooms (including reishi and shiitake) for stress relief, calming chamomile, passionflower, and valerian root, mood-boosting L-tryptophan, and GABA.
- CBD Pet Treats for Joint & Mobility – Contains ingredients to boost joint health, such as an assortment of adaptogenic mushrooms, antioxidants from blueberries, parsley and spinach, and turmeric.
2. Penelope's Bloom CBD Pet Edible Heart + Immunity Treats
The Penelope's Bloom CBD dog treats have several natural antioxidants and anti-inflammatories to make this treat an excellent fit for heart health and immunity.
The CBD Pet Edible Heart + Immunity Treats deliver a full spectrum CBD with antioxidants and amino acids, such as green tea extract, blueberries, omega-3 fatty acids, and L-carnitine.
These ingredients result in an effective supplement that maintains healthy heart function and immune support.
3. Honest Paws
Honest Paws produces CBD dog treats made with organic and full-spectrum hemp oil.
Accordingly, their treats are suitable for everyone but also depend on your dog's help with calmness, aches, pains, or the dog's overall health.
Honest Paws offer a wide range of choices that comes in different sizes, flavors, and textures:
- Honest Paws Calm Bites and Soft Chews – One of the most popular products in the dog treats collection. These calm bites are suitable for dogs that suffer from separation anxiety or overall nervousness.
- Honest Paws Mobility Chews – These mobility chews are for maximum joint support. Aside from having CBD, it also contains Glucosamine HCl, Chondroitin Sulfate, Hyaluronic Acid, and Boswellia Serrata Powder. These ingredients are great for aging joints, arthritis, and overall joint health.
4. cbdMD Dog Treats
cbdMD products formulated by veterinarians with broad-spectrum hemp extracts and CBD oil. Aside from that, this dog treat consists of terpenes that strengthen the benefits of CBD to your dog.
All products are guaranteed GMP, gluten-free, and THC-free.
Also, cbdMD dog treats come in different types and flavors:
- CBD Hard Chews – This features a blend of broad-spectrum CBD oil in a baked cheese and peanut butter flavored treat. CBD hard chews provide whole-body benefits for your dogs, and it comes in three different CBD concentrations.
- Hip + Joint Soft Chews – Includes glucosamine HCl, omega-3 fatty acids, and CBD oil supporting older dogs' stiff joints and hips. Hip + Joint soft chews come in bacon flavor and are available in three concentrations.
- Calming Chews – Turkey-flavored chew helps ease any worries and everyday stress your dog experiences. It is rich with calming ingredients like the passionflower and chamomile to give your pet calming and whole-body benefits.
- Peanut Butter – A CBD infused with creamy peanut butter from natural peanuts. It gives a consistent quality of hemp extracts and supports your dog's health and well-being every day.
- CBD Soft Chews – You can grab these soft chews if your dog doesn't prefer hard chews. It consists of a broad spectrum of CDB formula derived from high-quality hemp plants combined with bacon and chicken flavors.
The Holistapet creates natural products to minimize the physical and mental illnesses your dog might be suffering from. Also, all of their CBD dog treats contain a full-spectrum hemp seed oil from the farms of Colorado, and this oil is not genetically modified.
Moreover, their dog treats include:
- CBD Dog Treats + Calming Relief – These treats come in peanut butter and green apple flavors. They contain calming herbs, such as L-Theanine and Chamomile, that helps lower your dog's anxiety. These herbs are combined with hemp seed powder and pure CBD oil to create a combination that can relax your anxious pet.
- CBD Calming Chews for Dogs – Its ingredients include CBD, L-tryptophan, phosphatidylcholine, and chamomile, which decrease anxiety and can help your dog relax. It comes with sweet potato and peanut butter flavor to provide the needed proteins, fats, and antioxidants to keep your dog's nervous system balanced.
How Did We Create the List for CBD Dog Treats?
Scanning through numerous CBD dog treats can be tiring. We've listed the possible parameters we use to choose the best dog treats for your pet to make it easier for you.
Here are the top factors in creating the list:
- Quality of Ingredients – Only high-quality and natural ingredients that are good for your dog.
- Flavor Variation – Dogs love to enjoy different flavors of their treats, and aside from that, it gives them additional medicinal support.
- Decreasing Pain Levels – How successful are these dog treats in minimizing the stress and anxiety of your dog.
Although CBD dog treats supplements your dog's health needs, some contain weak ingredients that don't minimize the pain levels of your dog, and some develop distasteful flavors.
Be sure to keep an eye on the content of your CBD dog treats when you buy some for your pet.
What to Look for When Buying CBD Dog Treats
If you are one of the few who consider buying CBD dog treats for your dog and want to have your research, you should search for CBD, how it can help your dog and its benefits.
While you are at it, you might as well consider looking into this list below for some additional information on what to look for when purchasing a CBD treat:
- The ingredients of the CBD dog treats or chews
- The quality of the CBD dog treat
- The prices of the products
- Look for the instructions if they are readable and understandable
- The overall effectiveness and purity of the treats
The Hazards of Added Ingredients
Another issue you need to look for when purchasing CBD treats is the added ingredients.
Yeast and cellulose are known as fillers. Added vitamins are synthetic and don't function as the vitamins from whole food sources.
Natural flavors that are in the ingredients are anything but natural. The same goes with the natural bacon flavor of some treats; it is either a pork belly or made out of any rendered animal.
Aside from the mentioned ingredients, here are some of the elements to look out for:
- Artificial Additives – Only benefits the product's shelf life, not your dog.
- Grains – Feeds the harmful bacteria and yeast in the dog's body.
- Peanut Butter – Also contains harmful hydrogenated trans fats, and the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 is awful.
Benefits of Giving CBD Dog Treats to Your Dog
Dogs are just like humans that suffer from stress, anxiety, inflammation, indigestion, joint pains, restlessness, and changes in their appetites. And just like humans, dogs react well to the usage of CBD to treat these types of conditions.
Some studies show evidence that taking CBD can alleviate these common types of illnesses in your dog:
- Neuropathic Pain
- Cardiac Issues
- Sleep Disturbances
- Epileptic Seizures
- Bowel Movement
So now that you already know the benefits of administering CBD dog treats to your dog, the next thing that you need to look out for is the CBD dosage your pet needs.
How Often Can You Give CBD Dog Treats to Your Dog
Your dog's size will determine how many CBD treats he should take and how his body processes the CBD. You won't know the perfect dose to give your pet unless you watch how his body responds to it.
Every CBD dog treats brand has corresponding dosing recommendations based on the pet's size.
For example, most brands recommend 0.1 to 0.2 mg of CBD per pound. So, if your dog weighs 50 pounds, you can give him 5 mg to 10 mg in a single dose.
It's always safe to start with the lowest dose and increase when needed.
How Long Does It Take to Kick In?
CBD treats take 30-45 minutes or longer to start working on the dog's body. Usually, treats take longer to kick in than the oil variant.
Also, this effect will last for 4-8 hours, but the duration can vary depending on the pet's size, activity level, breed, and severity of his condition. Older dogs tend to digest food slower than young ones.
Common side effects your dog might experience when taking CBD dog treats are:
- Dry Throat/Mouth
- Low Blood Pressure
- Excessive Itching
Dogs experience these side effects because the dose was inappropriate for the dogs' size and weight. Aside from that, it's essential to follow any recommendations on proper CBD dosage in all pet products.
Additionally, it's best to contact your veterinarian if side effects persist.
Final Thoughts on Giving CBD Dog Treats
As you decide to give your pet CBD dog treats, first consider evaluating if your dog can benefit from it. Is it because you want to improve the overall health of your dog? Or are you looking for a natural remedy to ease the pain and inflammation your dog is suffering from?
It's essential to be vigilant with the side effects. But, don't forget to focus on the benefits CBD dog treats can give to your dog.
Also, side effects are why consultation with a veterinarian is a must! Take note of any adverse effects and the dosage you administered to your pet.
Lastly, to get the best out of using CBD on your pet's treats, it's good to pair it with lots of exercise, a good sleep, and a balanced diet.